Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week 2 summary!

Well I finished week 2 of the creative every day challenge and I'm still going! Although it is kind of easy I have to say when you are a knitter because working on a few rows of a project each day counts! But I had set some goals for myself last week on particular projects so I should check in on those!
Quilt - the main panel is done! I really like the way it looks and am trying to figure out the border and backing...I really shouldn't/don't want to spend more $ on fabric so I might make a pieced border and just do crazy squares on the back which is something I haven't done before...Ideas? The rest of the fabric stash to go with this is pictured below...Not enough of any one to do a decent sized border but I could use the bottom green to do the binding. The pattern is modified from the 2012 Spring/summer Quilt sampler magazine Sleep Under the Stars

 
Wingspan scarf - the scarf is done - I'm on the fence about if I should have gone longer on it - it basically wraps twice around the neck but is a bit short....I may give this one away. Here is the link (I hope) to the pattern on Ravelry wingspan




Darjeeling Socks - I'm deciding if I need to go longer than the 5" above the heel before binding off sock #1... I may just bind off as I am not enjoying these and start the 2nd one as I did like the foot part! The pattern is darjeeling by Cat Borhdi
Aran sweater - pattern for the body is figured out and I've cast on and done about 3" I still need to figure out how to up-size the sleeves and neck from the original pattern which is the Master Charles Sweater which I am sizing up to a boys 14







Zentangle - not much action - practiced a couple of patterns....


I'm thinking of also using the blog to check in on some of my other goals for 2013 - Better Mother to the monsters (they really aren't monsters but lovely young women!), losing 15 lbs before my 25th reunion (a continuing goal - the reunion is just additional motivation!) and getting a better handle on our finances!
   In that spirit I did go to the gym 3x last week and 3 hrs of downhill skiing yesterday with the ski club! Plus ate more salads than usual! Still need to avoid the convenience store and the bad habit I have of buying "bad for me food" when I go in there!
  I have been making an effort to be less dictatorial with the girls but it doesn't always work....
  I have started the paper work sort for filling out taxes and Fafsa/Css as that needs to be done in the next 2 weeks for some of R's college deadlines. This also meant that I cleared a huge amount of paperwork off my craft desk where it had been fermenting and making me feel guilty! Only 2 more spots to go before it is all cleared up and ready to be put together when the last 2 W-2's come in.

Ok Goals for Week 3!

Creative Goals
  • Quilt - get the border worked on and start the back
  • Knitting - bind off the first Darjeeling sock and start the match, get at least 1/2 way to the armpit on the aran sweater and figure out the sleeves and neck shaping.
  • Zentangle - Draw 3 full Zentangles and "learn" 3 patterns from Pinterest (LOVE THAT SITE!)

Personal Goals:

  • Weight loss - At least 3 more visits to the gym this week and use the MyFitness Pro app to track food and exercise!
  • Finance - Clean the upstairs desk looking for more tax documents and sort the final stash of paperwork left in my craft room!
  • Mothering - Try to corall the kids into playing a game!

No comments: