darjeeling by Cat Borhdi
Zentangle - not much action - practiced a couple of patterns....
I'm thinking of also using the blog to check in on some of my other goals for 2013 - Better Mother to the monsters (they really aren't monsters but lovely young women!), losing 15 lbs before my 25th reunion (a continuing goal - the reunion is just additional motivation!) and getting a better handle on our finances!
In that spirit I did go to the gym 3x last week and 3 hrs of downhill skiing yesterday with the ski club! Plus ate more salads than usual! Still need to avoid the convenience store and the bad habit I have of buying "bad for me food" when I go in there!
I have been making an effort to be less dictatorial with the girls but it doesn't always work....
I have started the paper work sort for filling out taxes and Fafsa/Css as that needs to be done in the next 2 weeks for some of R's college deadlines. This also meant that I cleared a huge amount of paperwork off my craft desk where it had been fermenting and making me feel guilty! Only 2 more spots to go before it is all cleared up and ready to be put together when the last 2 W-2's come in.
Ok Goals for Week 3!
- Quilt - get the border worked on and start the back
- Knitting - bind off the first Darjeeling sock and start the match, get at least 1/2 way to the armpit on the aran sweater and figure out the sleeves and neck shaping.
- Zentangle - Draw 3 full Zentangles and "learn" 3 patterns from Pinterest (LOVE THAT SITE!)
- Weight loss - At least 3 more visits to the gym this week and use the MyFitness Pro app to track food and exercise!
- Finance - Clean the upstairs desk looking for more tax documents and sort the final stash of paperwork left in my craft room!
- Mothering - Try to corall the kids into playing a game!